Openings available for new students.
- Join us and learn to play the flute or the recorder in the most easy, fun, and natural way!
- All ages, all levels, all successful!
What we do in the ESFRS program:
- Play flute and recorder.
- Learn by ear AND read music.
- Do classical training AND improvisation, to be free to play in ALL styles.
- Do individual AND group lessons – ensembles at all levels.
- Perform – many opportunities throughout the year.
- Start as young as 3 years old – but all ages and levels of experience are welcome!
- Involve the entire family in the music experience.
The Edmonton Suzuki Flute & Recorder program has been operated by a non-profit society since 2007. Read more …
Annual General Meeting:
- 6:30 pm Thursday September 28, 2017
- Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 10014 – 81 Avenue NW
Thursday Group classes begin:
- September 14 at 7:30pm for Silverwinds and Sweetwoods
- October 5 starting at 5:00 pm for all other groups (see calendar for specific times)
- NEW LOCATION! Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 10014 – 81 Avenue NW
- This year’s Tutti Day will be on October 1, to coincide with national Culture Days celebrations. Click here to see plans for this years event.
Suzuki Association of the America biennial Conference:
- 2018 is a conference year. Student can audition to participate in various ensembles and masterclasses. The deadline for submitting audition videos is October 25, 2017. Here’s a link for more information.
Summer Institute :
10th Anniversary celebration:
- Special concerts and other events celebrating our 10th year as a non-profit society.
What do we do?
Our program of instruction follows the Suzuki approach for flute and recorder. This method emphasizes starting young, having parents learn along with their children, developing the ear, and ensemble playing, in addition to having individual lessons. Read more…
You can start immediately! Beginners join our group classes on Thursday evenings as soon as you register. While you are having fun learning with the group, you can observe a number of individual lessons, meet the teachers, choose your instrument and schedule your personal lesson time. We take beginners year-round, you don’t have to wait until September.