Openings available for new students.
- Join us and learn to play the flute or the recorder in the most easy, fun, and natural way!
- All ages, all levels, all successful!
What we do in the ESFRS program:
- Play flute and recorder.
- Learn by ear AND read music.
- Do classical training to be free to play in ALL styles.
- Do individual AND group lessons – ensembles at all levels.
- Perform – many opportunities throughout the year.
- Start as young as 3 years old – but all ages and levels of experience are welcome!
- Involve the entire family in the music experience.
The Edmonton Suzuki Flute & Recorder program has been operated by a non-profit society since 2007. Read more …
Community Play Out:
- Thursday May 17, 2018
- 6:45 pm
- Covenant Health St. Joseph’s Auxiliary Hospital, 10707 29 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6J 6W1, Canada
- Thursday June 7, 2018
- 6:30 pm
- Southminster-Steinhauer United Church, 10740 19 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6J 6W9, Canada
- Admission by donation – bring a friend!
- May 10 – regular classes, preparation for hospital performance
- NEW LOCATION! Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 10014 – 81 Avenue NW
- May 1-5, 2019
- orchestra audition deadline July 1, 2018
- lesson participation deadline February 1, 2019 (early application recommended – spots may be filled before deadline)
Fall Groups Concert:
Summer Institute :
10th Anniversary celebration:
- Special concerts and other events celebrating our 10th year as a non-profit society.
What do we do?
Our program of instruction follows the Suzuki approach for flute and recorder. This method emphasizes starting young, having parents learn along with their children, developing the ear, and ensemble playing, in addition to having individual lessons. Read more…
You can start immediately! Beginners join our group classes on Thursday evenings as soon as you register. While you are having fun learning with the group, you can observe a number of individual lessons, meet the teachers, choose your instrument and schedule your personal lesson time. We take beginners year-round, you don’t have to wait until September.