Openings available for new students.
Join us and learn to play the flute or the recorder in the most easy, fun, and natural way!
All ages, all levels, all successful!
What we do in the ESFRS program:
- Play flute and recorder.
- Learn by ear AND read music.
- Do classical training to be free to play in ALL styles.
- Do individual AND group lessons – ensembles at all levels.
- Perform – many opportunities throughout the year.
- Start as young as 3 years old – but all ages and levels of experience are welcome!
- Involve the entire family in the music experience.
The Edmonton Suzuki Flute & Recorder program has been operated by a non-profit society since 2007. Read more …
- Every Child Can! August 15: for teachers and parents
- Introduction to Suzuki Recorder August 16 – 18: for teachers
- Creative Ability Development improvisation August 19 – 23: for teachers
- Recorder students: August 16 – 19
- Flute students: August 19 – 22
- Improvisation demo class – ANY instrument! : 1 hour a day August 19 – 22
These groups will start meeting in the fall
- Toolbox: 5:00 – 6:00 pm
- Starting October 3
- Repertoire, R & R Recorders, & Reading: 5:45 – 7:00 pm
- starting October 3
- Silverwinds: 7:30 – 9:00 pm
- starting September 12
All group classes are at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 10014 – 81 Avenue NW
First Suzuki Convention in Cancun, Mexico:
Bach in the Subways:
Celebrate the Season at the Alberta Legislature
Fall Groups Concert:
Spring Solo Recital:
Summer Institute :
10th Anniversary celebration:
- Special concerts and other events celebrating our 10th year as a non-profit society.
What do we do?
Our program of instruction follows the Suzuki approach for flute and recorder. This method emphasizes starting young, having parents learn along with their children, developing the ear, and ensemble playing, in addition to having individual lessons. Read more…
You can start immediately! Beginners join our group classes on Thursday evenings as soon as you register. While you are having fun learning with the group, you can observe a number of individual lessons, meet the teachers, choose your instrument and schedule your personal lesson time. We take beginners year-round, you don’t have to wait until September.