- Contemporary Showcase
- Opening play-in and free drop-in beginner class
- Tutti Day
- Mid Term Mini Concerts
- Groups in Review
- Celebrate the Season at the Alberta Legislature
- 10th Anniversary Celebration
- Groups and Grads
- Bach in the Subways
- Kiwanis Music Festival
- Community Performances
- Edmonton Symphony Orchestra performances
- Winspear Centre performances
Special Events 2018
- Field trip for senior students: Mr. Ho’s Orchestrotica, Jethro Tull
- Masterclass with Paolo Bortolussi
- Masterclass for Recorder Students: Flute Alors!
- Concert with Flute Alors!
- Masterclass for adult recorder players with Flute Alors!
- Field trip for ALL recorder players to Red Priest
- Creative Ability Development Conference in Chicago
- SAA Conference in Minneapolis
Summer Institutes are summer music camps that usually run for about a week. Students attend daily lessons and classes, and teachers participate in Suzuki Association of the Americas teacher training courses. ESFRS operates the Borealis Suzuki Winds Institute in Edmonton, which is the summer component of our yearly program and is also open to students from outside of our program.
There are also other Institutes all over the world – here is a short list of the ones in North America that specialize in programming for flute and/or recorder.